- Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lutheran Theological Seminary (LTS), Evangelical Lutheran Church
of Hong Kong
- The Professor of Church History, Practical Theology (homiletics,
stewardship, servant leadership, worship, Diakonia) will serve
regionally in China and Southeast Asia and fill the needs in other
countries that also do not require full-time teaching positions.
- This position will strengthen all parties: the companions in their
various needs, LTS' visibility and connections, and the ELCA as
provider of key theological education.
- This position will help the ongoing build of Southeast Asian churches.
- Serving central in the region, this position will also be a
"roaming professor" in the ELCA’s reach among other
companions in the region, including Cambodia, Indonesia, Singapore,
Malaysia, Myanmar and India.
Specific assignments may include the following:
- Teach students mostly on Master and Doctoral levels
- Mentor students
- Serve as an advisor to advanced studies students pursuing such as
M. Th. and D. Th.
- Travel to companion churches and teach and build theological
education in the region
All ELCA Global Personnel participate in mission interpretation.
This position will be based in Hong Kong with the Lutheran
Theological Seminary (LTS) and the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hong
Kong (ELCHK). LTS is jointly operated by the ELCHK, The Tsung Tsing
Mission (Basel), The Chinese Rhenish Church Hong Kong Synod (UEM,
Wuppertal), The Hong Kong & Macau Lutheran Church (NLM, Norway),
and the Taiwan Lutheran Church.