- Nairobi International Lutheran Congregation (NILC)
- Nairobi, Kenya
- The major assignment of the Nairobi International Lutheran
Congregation (NILC) Pastor is to serve with undivided spirit to both
the Kiswahili and the English-speaking groups with a wide knowledge
of their background and self-interests. The pastor must be a uniting
force in terms of service and attitude to the two groups.
- The NILC Pastor assisted by an associate pastor is expected to
prepare the Sunday bulletin in both Kiswahili and English languages.
The Pastor will preach and administer Holy Communion every Sunday or
invite a guest preacher to do the same. Both Pastors assisted by
their church elders are expected to have frequent visits to their
church members, especially those with known problems.
Specific Assignments May Include the Following:
There are five major areas of ministries in which the NILC Pastor
will be in-charge or give proper supervision.
- Worship - Works with alter guild, flowers, musical instruments
like guitars, keyboards, drums etc., greeters, choir, music and the ushers.
- Learning - Covers bible studies, confirmation, new life,
membership, music school, and Sunday school.
- Witness - Oversees men's fellowship, women's fellowship, couples'
fellowship, Youth fellowship, dinners, and healing team.
- Service - Sunday fellowship, outreach, Parish nursing,
photography, dressmaking school, nursery school, and HIV/AIDS
- Stewardship - NILC financial auditing, capital improvement,
offering counters, building projects, and property maintenance.
The NILC Pastor must have an attitude of delegating the services of the
above ministries to those who have been chosen to run the same. NILC
under the pastor’s supervision must be represented in all Kenya
Evangelical Lutheran Church committees, executive council and the
general assembly and abide to the KELC constitution. The Pastor will
represent the NILC at the Theological committee of KELC and other bodies
which he/she may be asked to participate.
All ELCA Global Personnel participate in mission interpretation.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with the Kenya
Evangelical Lutheran Church and Nairobi International Lutheran
Congregation. The NILC Pastor is accountable to church members,
church council, KELC executive council, and the KELC General assembly.