Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree minimum, or other teaching certification.
- ESL/TEFL/TESL certification helpful.
- Classroom experience helpful.
Terms and Conditions
This position is for a 33 month term. ELCA Global Mission provides
international transportation, housing, medical coverage, education
loan assistance and a salary. No provision for dependent spouse or
children. Japanese language training provided, which will enhance
engagement with students and community.
General Qualifications for ELCA Global Personnel
- Christian faith and a commitment to the mission of the church
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for
people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values and customs of church and culture
- Well-developed inter-personal skills demonstrating understanding
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities and the
ability to adapt to different standards and practices
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Adaptable and flexible - sense of humor - good physical and
- Live and serve in a way which reflects the vision and expectations
of the ELCA