Job Context Information
Information Technology (IT) provides technology services, support and solutions to drive the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and ensure that the data sources of the enterprise systems inform and support the strategic direction and intent of the churchwide organization.
People delivering and supporting technology solutions in a secure, friendly, consistent, and cost-effective manner to assist people in accomplishing the shared purpose and vision for the ELCA.
IT Systems Administrator (Level 1) is responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining servers, applications and related tools that combine to provide IT services offered by the ELCA churchwide office. This role serves the organization by maintaining the performance, security and reliability of the systems that host the organization’s IT services.
1. Assist ELCA Infrastructure Engineers and vendor technical staff in maintaining servers, network equipment and attached devices. This includes, but is not limited to, installation of hardware, operating systems, applications; updating/patching operating systems and applications; monitoring systems for status, overall health, security, and performance; troubleshooting issues that arise.
2. Completing projects as assigned by manager.
3. Documentation of relevant systems, services, processes and procedures.
4. Providing metrics as assigned by manager.
5. Secondary escalation points for IT Service Desk, primary escalation point for Infrastructure Technicians
6. Incident and service request response. This includes opening tickets and working with external vendors.
7. Identify and report gaps or inefficiencies in current procedures, suggest remedies to manager.
8. Performs other duties as required
Infrequent air or automobile travel may be required to either support a remote site or attend training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.