Job Context Information
Information Technology (IT) provides technology services, support and solutions to drive the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and ensure that the data sources of the enterprise systems inform and support the strategic direction and intent of the churchwide organization. This a THREE years contract.
People delivering and supporting technology solutions in a secure, friendly, consistent, and cost-effective manner to assist people in accomplishing the shared purpose and vision for the ELCA.
IT will leverage leading edge technologies to allow the churchwide organization to serve as an efficient communication conduit and collaboration hub throughout the ELCA ecology and the world, while strictly aligning its strategy and operations with the priorities of the organization.
ELCA projects have grown in complexity with greater potential for altering priorities and resources resulting in over-expenditures, missed deadlines, inadequate service and incomplete projects. This has necessitated the need for a project management methodology and skilled project managers. Project management is a universal discipline that at the ELCA has proven to deliver consistent, predictable and repeatable projects and can be applied in many situations to meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
This is an opportunity for an impact and service focused individual who has a passion for non-profits and the success of its growing mission. The position manages the delivery of ELCA IT and program-area projects through the oversight of resources, quality, scope and timeline, utilizing tools and techniques for the implementation of deliverables such as software, hardware, events, and process updates.
We are looking for an organized, engaging and motivated candidate to perform within the guidelines of the Project Management Body of Knowledge and agile methodologies; and possesses innovative and creative ideas to ensure that task owners are able to complete assignments with excellence for the support of the entire church of four million members.
1. Coordinate and direct project related work of ELCA team members according to set forth ELCA project management methodologies. Foster relationships with the community to collaborate individually and in teams regularly on ELCA business standards and best practices for project solutions. Communicate, align and engage with project sponsors and key stakeholders on progress, risks and issue resolution.
2. Execute and monitor the work necessary to ensure a high quality of interaction, information and value is delivered from the appropriate system including analysis, testing, queries, reports, entry protocol, operational procedures and additional functionality.
3. Create and maintain project charters, project plans and constraints (time, cost and scope). Schedule and manage detailed requirements and design sessions. Review requirements and specifications with sponsors to identify risks and minimize scope creep to the completion of the project. Work with designated persons on leadership teams/committees to recommend and implement steps to mitigate anticipated issues and identified risks.
4. Creates the business case with project initiator to define project goals, objectives and scope for feasibility that impact the organization as a whole; and communicate with cross-unit team members and other project-related groups to ensure project scope is met. Lead change management initiatives as necessary for successful post-implementation adoption and success into operations.
5. Acts as a liaison and coordinator between project vendors and consultants and relevant employees, program areas and offices.
6. Monitors budget and target date constraints and keeps projects on track financially.
This position may require light, infrequent travel, possibly one trip a year. Travel.