Job Context Information
The Mission Advancement unit is responsible for communicating with constituents and donors, handling marketing and public relations, and directing our current, deferred and major fund appeals in order to most effectively communicate around a clear identity and mission, while also motivating donors to respond with financial gifts.
ELCA World Hunger is a ministry of this church working toward a just world where all are fed. Through a cross-unit approach, this position works most closely with the units of Mission Advancement and Domestic Mission.
ELCA World Hunger exists as a networked movement of the whole church. This employee serves as a key support and collaborator for ELCA World Hunger engagement activities, including events, communication, network cultivation and planning. In collaboration with director, manager and team, this person supports the ELCA World Hunger network and engagement activities for transformative action toward a just world where all are fed.
Specifically, this position supports event and training logistics, communication (e.g., social media and newsletter) and related tools (e.g., database and peer-to-peer giving) in collaboration with the manager.
1. Assist in execution and project management for network-building team events and trainings (e.g., ELCA World Hunger Leadership Gathering, ELCA Youth Gathering engagement, etc.) and other network events, including planning and preparation, onsite leadership and post-event follow-up engagement and constituent data updates.
2. In collaboration with director, manager and team, support and maintain engagement of synod hunger leaders network and related resources, including network communication support, social media content and fundraising stewardship support for synod teams, congregations and network individuals.
3. Enter, maintain and assist in reporting on constituent database information for networking-building.
4. Represent ELCA World Hunger in various forums to build momentum around with the root causes of hunger and more meaningful engagement with ELCA World Hunger.
5. Perform other duties as required.
10-15% travel. Some travel by plane, car, train and other forms of transportation required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions