Requirements for summer internship
Prospective summer interns must be at least 18 years of age and should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
This is a full-time, hourly position: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
If selected, interns are responsible for securing housing for the summer.
Individuals who have held internship positions with the churchwide organization in the past are not eligible.
Preferred start date is June 3, 2019. Nine to ten weeks of work expected, with exact end date negotiable.
The intern will assist the Theological Discernment Team in the following activities:
* Work with editor to develop an issue of the Journal of Lutheran Ethics, including conceptualization of an issue and communication with potential contributors, and, possibly, contributing a short piece for publication.
* Transfer past journal essays from current JLE web platform to platform under construction
* Review and update webpages related to ELCA social teaching and the justice for women program.
* Attend to social media monitoring and communication.
* Work on team projects with some participation in ongoing theological conversations.
* Assist with clerical work and other tasks as assigned, including some archiving.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.