Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. With over $700 million in assets, MIF fulfills its purpose by providing loans, income-producing investment opportunities and consultative services.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, this position will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis (BA) best practice, tools and methodology towards standardization of BA deliverables and procedures. As an experienced analyst, this position will mentor, direct and coach other Business Systems Analyst(s). This position will identify, analyze and facilitate improvements to business systems, processes and workflows aligned with the overall business objectives, MIF Information Technology (IT) strategy and MIF annual work plan. The senior analyst works closely with the business to analyze requirements and provide the interface between the business and IT. The analyst plans and manages the implementation of business appropriate solutions, oversees information system-related activities, develops business requirements and technical specification documents, financial and operational queries and reports, and provides software application support, protocols and education for primary financial systems, including but not limited to organizational core financial system, CRM, general ledger, online banking platform, etc.
1. Principal responsibility for creation and documentation of business requirements, technical specifications, system configuration and reporting approaches, including how they relate to other MIF enterprise systems. Support project steering committees and lead cross-functional team meetings where necessary.
2. Owns analysis and understanding of existing business and system processes. Leads efforts to determine opportunities and advise the business on streamlining operations, system improvements/upgrades and integrations, and efficiencies in support of operational goals. Work with stakeholders to select vendors and software packages. Lead change according to company directives.
3. Manage end-to-end projects and tasks.
* Lead detailed project requirements and design sessions.
* Use business analyst and project management tools to provide predictable results and visibility to stakeholders.
* Ensure project tasks are completed on time, to requirements, within budget and resource constraints.
* Use leadership skills and tools to execute Project Management and Business Analysis concepts within the organization; including statements of work, project planning, tasks management, user acceptance testing, issue and risk mitigation.
4. Primary contact for application system concerns. Serve in the capacity of a liaison and/or coordinator for vendor relationships and be a resource to assist with analyzing, debugging, testing and documenting problems and resolutions. Use SQL queries and reporting tools to gather and understand information.
5. Mentor, direct, coach and collaborate with other Business Systems Analysts and IT team on best practices, education, storage and standards on work breakdown structure, business requirement documentation, metrics, risk, stakeholder and change management.
6. Assist with and be a resource for system administration tasks and serve as a backup to Systems/Applications Administrator, as needed. Collaborate with IT department and help facilitate issue resolution, as needed.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimal travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.