Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. With over $700 million in assets, MIF fulfills its purpose by providing loans, income-producing investment opportunities and consultative services.
This position is responsible for managing general office activities for the Mission Investment Fund, maintaining cross-functional processes and coordinating a well-organized, efficient and safe working environment.
1. Ensure maintenance of office conditions, communicating and reinforcing organization-wide standards, managing office and kitchen supply programs, liaising with facility management, and coordinating repairs/maintenance, work orders and office equipment procurement/replacement cycle.
2. Partner with team leads to maintain, communicate and implement general office policies. Design, implement and maintain a centralized repository for organizational policies and procedures, forms, and reference materials. Address general office management issues and inquiries from staff and partners.
3. Manage event planning logistics for MIF-hosted meetings and events, including arranging for facilities and catering services, issuing invitations, coordinating speakers, and managing event budgets.
4. Monitor general office expenses, equipment utilization and associated contract/vendor performance, keeping management informed of trends/variances and making recommendations for changes as necessary.
5. Monitor MIF’s physical security efforts, coordinating with churchwide office and third-party vendors as assigned. Coordinate emergency teams (e.g. fire safety, first aid, business continuity) and annual testing and readiness exercises.
6. Assist in onboarding staff, including arranging for office setup and orientation to general office procedures and support.
7. Assist the Administration team in maintaining office efficiency by staying abreast of emerging workforce trends, including office space design, layout, utilization and staff engagement considerations.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Minimal travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.