Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. With over $700 million in assets, MIF fulfills its purpose by providing loans, income-producing investment opportunities and consultative services.
1. Maintains the Vice President of Administration’s calendar: scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating meeting and travel logistics, preparing pre-read and background materials, responding to invitations and coordinating with participants and planners.
2. Provides meeting support: preparing and distributing agendas and minutes, facilitating outcomes and next steps as needed, providing meeting hospitality. Schedules meetings for other leadership team members, as requested.
3. Coordinates executive communications: composing or editing documents, reports, presentations, and general correspondence; screening calls and taking messages; responding to general inquiries and requests as appropriate.
4. Supports recruiting, staff development and onboarding/offboarding logistics: tracking applications and candidate submissions; scheduling candidate interviews and assembling interview packets; preparing orientation materials and scheduling sessions; tracking staff development activities; processing workflows.
5. Manages documentation: preparing and routing items for signature; filing paper and electronic records.
6. Maintains calendar of work for administration team functions. Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. distributing mail, ordering supplies, updating staff lists, scheduling conference call reservations).
7. Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
Minimal travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.