Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. With over $700 million in assets, MIF fulfills its purpose by providing loans, income-producing investment opportunities and consultative services.
This position is responsible for the successful delivery and coordination of both business and technology projects for the Mission Investment Fund (MIF) through the management of project resources, quality and timeline; and the analysis, organization and performance of software/hardware/process implementation tasks associated with all aspects of the project life cycle.
1. Coordinates and directs the project related work of MIF team members according to set forth MIF project management methodologies. Collaborates and meets designated staff/teams on a regular basis on MIF business standards and best practices for project solutions. Communicates with project sponsors and key stakeholders on project progress, risks and issue resolution. Ensures project phases are signed off.
2. Defines and executes the approach necessary to ensure that a high quality of interaction and information is delivered from the appropriate system or product including all levels of analysis, testing, queries, reports, entry protocol, operational procedures and additional functionality.
3. Creates and maintains project charters and project plans. Leads detailed project requirements and design sessions. Reviews requirements and specifications to identify potential risks and scope creep to the successful completion of the project. Works with designated persons on leadership teams/committees to recommend and implement steps to mitigate identified issues and anticipated risks.
4. Evaluates goals/ project objectives and scope for feasibility that impact the organization as a whole and communicates with cross-unit team members and other project-related groups to ensure project scope, goals, and objectives are met. Leads change management initiatives as necessary for successful post-implementation adoption and transition into operations.
5. Monitors budget and target date constraints and keeps projects on track financially.
6. Acts as a liaison and coordinator between project vendors and consultants and relevant MIF and ELCA employees, teams and departments.
Minimal travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.