Requirements for summer internship
Prospective summer interns must be at least 18 years of age and should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
This is a full-time, hourly position: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
If selected, interns are responsible for securing housing for the summer.
Individuals who have held internship positions with the churchwide organization in the past are not eligible.
Preferred start date is June 4, 2018. End date to be determined based on return to school date.
The Global Mission (GM) Diakonia team drives the ELCA’s international relief and development work across the globe. Through this engagement, the ELCA more deeply participates in relationships with dozens of companion churches, Lutheran and ecumenical partners, and communities. This position will provide technical, clerical and administrative support for the Diakonia team on specific short-term assignments. These include:
* Assist in developing a process for data entry, quality control, data export and reporting for Lutheran Disaster Response- International (LDR) and ELCA World Hunger (WH) grants in the ELCA Grantmaker system (EGM).
* Gather project data to contribute in the baseline assessment of LDR- and WH-projects.
* Assist in developing a filing system for LDR reports and stories.
* Assist in filing and organizing LDR and World Hunger electronic documents.
* Assist in entering LDR grants information into EGM.
* Assist in developing a strategy to help increase LDR social media presence.
. Assist in developing a knowledge management resource for Diakonia. This includes resources related to humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, global migration, poverty, climate change, gender justice, health and others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.