Requirements for summer internship
Prospective summer interns must be at least 18 years of age and should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
This is a full-time, hourly position: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
If selected, interns are responsible for securing housing for the summer.
Individuals who have held internship positions with the churchwide organization in the past are not eligible.
Preferred start date is June 3, 2019. End date is no later than August 2, 2019.
The legal intern will be exposed to various functions within the legal department and the Office of the Secretary. Intern will primarily assist the ELCA’s general counsel and associate general counsel with standardization of contracts, legal research, and policy development.
The intern will assist with following responsibilities:
* Updating unit and organization-wide policies for review by the Policy Review Committee
* Developing systems and reviewing and categorizing documents for digitized records
* Researching current legal issues or legal questions and providing written memoranda for legal counsel
* Creating and revising standard ELCA contracts
* Conducting extensive research related to privacy laws, GDPR, and cybersecurity regulations