Job Context Information
Information Technology (IT) provides technology services, support and solutions to drive the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and ensure that the data sources of the enterprise systems inform and support the strategic direction and intent of the churchwide organization.
People delivering and supporting technology solutions in a secure, friendly, consistent, and cost-effective manner to assist people in accomplishing the shared purpose and vision for the ELCA.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of services by the IT Service Desk, supervising the IT Service desk staff, and administering the IT service management software application for the benefit of the entire IT staff. This includes the responsibility of supervising all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Supervisor will also help escalate or contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users. The Service Desk Supervisor will also supervise the Operations Team to organize operational activities for the team and to ensure that services are meeting performance requirements.
1. Day-to-day management of IT Service Desk staff, including scheduling, goals and expectations, discipline, and all management duties generally expected of supervisors in this organization.Ensure delivery of best in class customer service -- Ensure Service Desk phones are answered, voicemails and e-mails responded to, physical space staffed during business hours.
2. Assign and prioritize tasks/tickets to IT Service Desk technical staff per SLA, track performance of individuals and adherence to service level objectives, and report to management.Follow up on overdue assignments, measure performance, and gather feedback from end users for use in a continuous improvement initiative.
3. Act as escalation point when technicians need assistance with a technical issue or other issues.Assist technicians in determining when to escalate to another IT team.Step in as first and second level technician when necessary due to staffing shortages or other special circumstances.
4. Supervise the day-to-day activities and deliverables of the Operations team.Ensure completion of operational checklists and report any anomalies that need action.
5. Coordinating Service Desk resources for projects and special events when assigned
6. Participate in leadership tables and committees as assigned/requested by senior IT management.
7. Identify and report gaps or inefficiencies in current procedures, suggest remedies to manager.
8. Performs other duties as required
Infrequent air or automobile travel may be required to either support a remote site or attend training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.