Job Context Information
On behalf of the ELCA, Global Mission stewards relationships with companions in every corner of the globe; funds long-term, sustainable health and development projects; responds to international disasters; listens to companion church bodies and supports companion priorities by sending global personnel and through program grants and leadership development opportunities; and receives the gifts of Christian witness from the global church to build our own capacity in the United States.
Mission Formation: This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Mission Formation team, mostly for event logistics.
International Leaders Program: This position is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the various components of the International Leaders Program in the Global Mission Unit, including international scholarships for ELCA global companions and Global Sabbaticals. This position will work closely with colleagues within the CWO and across ELCA expressions to increase the capacity of global companion leaders for mission and ministry.
International Leaders Program (.5 FTE)
1. Coordination of the scholarship application processes: Provide support for the scholarship and sabbatical application processes (including document collection and day-to-day communication with applicants and endorsing churches)
2. Coordination of Scholarship Awards: Administers scholarship award disbursements (scheduling, requesting, and tracking payments). Maintains student files and ensures compliance with organizational record keeping policy.
3. Program Monitoring and Evaluation: Coordinates annual scholarship evaluation process. (Including monitoring scholarship recipients’ progress and collecting feedback from partner institutions, for the sake of meeting strategic program goals.)
4. Communications Coordination: Coordinates communication with alumni and current students (including collecting impact stories, student newsletters, managing alumni social media channels, responding to requests for donor communications, monitoring program inbox, responding to general inquiries)
5. Administrative Support: High-level administrative support to director and program director including logistics support for student gathering, visits, and travel
6. Event Planning: Coordinates the evaluation of event facilities’ space and services potential.
7. Performs other duties as required
Mission Formation (.5 FTE)
1.Event Planning: Coordinates the evaluation of event facilities’ space and services potential.
2. Event Planning and Logistics: Advises and supports colleagues with logistics of other events planned by the Director for Mission Formation.
3.Event Monitoring and Evaluation: Coordinates the implementation of event evaluation systems.
4. Performs other duties as required: Accepts other assignments from the Director for Mission Formation.
Mission Formation: The person in this position will regularly participate in off-site events.
International Leaders Program:Average of 3-5 trips per year, primarily within the United States.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Employee will occasionally need to lift boxes or materials up to 15 pounds.Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.