Job Context Information
The ELCA Youth Gathering team and this position is part of the Domestic Mission Unit of the ELCA. Working with Lutheran and ecumenical partners, the Domestic Mission unit of the ELCA will accompany new and renewed congregations as centers for evangelical mission as they help bring people to a richer understanding of their baptismal vocational call to serve God’s mission in the world. It will partner with synodical and local systems to support this mission and its leadership. The unit’s work includes leadership development and candidacy, poverty and justice, advocacy ministry, ethnic specific and multicultural ministries, faith formation ministries, disaster response and relief; and relationships with institutions such as colleges, seminaries, outdoor ministries, campus ministries, Lutheran Services of America (LSA) and Lutheran Immigration & Refugee Services (LIRS) and the ELCA World Hunger Program.
Manager of the Gathering’s communication strategy, website and social media; Finance administration; Gathering logistics and administration
1. Oversee the implementation of the Gathering’s communication strategy including:
*Manage Gathering Social Media platforms.
*Serve as key Gathering staff person in the development and management of the Gathering website in partnership with Mission Advancement and IT
*Create, manage and monitor shared documents for work with teams
2. Manage and respond to Gathering emails and phone calls
3. Working Office of the Treasurer, process contract payments, invoices, expense reports and credit card reports for Gathering staff and Planning Team Leaders
4. Liaise to service/operational planning teams for connection to Gathering staff and other teams
5. Network and develop relationships with team leaders, synod youth workers, para-church organizations
6. Serve on the Faith Formation Team and other duties as assigned
Occasional travel, 15%. Travel via air and/or automobile. Valid driver’s license required.
Attend Team Leader meetings (three nights each) approximately twice a year
Team meetings (2 nights each) approximately three times a year
Other events and meetings as assigned
ELCA Youth Gathering in June and July everything 3 years for approximately 12 nights
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Lifting of items up to 30 lbs. required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.