Working in collaboration with seminaries, synods and ecumenical partners, this ELCA Global Mission position will lead the implementation of Glocal and other global mission educational events. This position also provides hands-on leadership for planning, monitoring and evaluation of missionary orientation and re-entry. This position assists with the development of mission formation educational materials.
1. Provides hands-on leadership for planning, monitoring and evaluation of new events, missionary orientation and debriefing events.
2. Monitors projects and activities to ensure these are aligned with the objectives of the Churchwide Organization’s Operational Plan.
3. Leads implementation of events and guides inter- and intra- unit event-related collaborative work.
4. Provides expertise and guidance in the preparation of accompaniment and mission formation materials.
5. Provides advice, assistance, and support in all aspects of the work of the Mission Formation Team and represents the Team and the Global Mission Unit in settings relating to education and interpretation.
Nature, means and frequency of travel required to perform this job. Extensive domestic travel required. Intervals between trips will vary and travel intensity will vary throughout the year.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.