Job Context Information
The Director for Meeting Management serves as a member of the Management Team within the Office of the Secretary.
The Director for Meeting Management supervises a Meetings Team of three staff that arranges and/or supports over 100 meetings hosted by the churchwide organization annually. The Director for Meeting Management is the organization’s primary contact and negotiator with travel, hotel and other service providers. This position has primary responsibility for the preparation, administration and successful execution of all logistical arrangements related to this church’s triennial Churchwide Assembly.
1. Supervises the Meetings Team and oversees the staff support provided to meetings hosted by the churchwide organization, with primary responsibility for logistical arrangements for the Church Council and Conference of Bishops.
2. Personally manages the logistical arrangements for the triennial Churchwide Assembly and other major events such as the Rostered Ministers Gathering.
3. Serves as the organization’s chief negotiator of contracts with travel, hotel and other hospitality providers.
4. Develops and manages budgets for the Churchwide Assembly, Church Council and Meetings Team.
5. Oversees the on-site travel company staff.
This position requires frequent overnight travel and several weekend meetings per year.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.