This position is responsible for the production of ELCA Global Mission formation events from conception through to completion, including Glocal Gatherings. This person in this position relates to staff from across the organization as a manager of contracts for approximately 200 members of the global mission educator network members who resource these events.
1. Manages thelogistics processes for each event including the implementation of tasks with local committee.
2. Establishes and monitors thetimelines for logistics, resource distribution and contract management for presenters at events.
3. Evaluates event sites’ space and services potential. Assigns spaces and determines services for the events. Implements the decisions and plans for use of the facility space and services.
4. Advises and assists colleagues with logistics of other events planned by the Mission Formation.
5. Create and monitor event budgets
6. Oversees the information flow between the Mission Formation and Relationship team and the Domestic Mission and Mission Advancement Units.
7. Implements event evaluation systems.
8. Generates event- related reports
9. Accepts other assignments from the Director for Mission Formation.
Position requires 2 to 3 days per month of travel by plane, van or car. Position seeks candidates who can operate a van and a car.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.