Job Context Information
Information Technology (IT) provides technology services, support and solutions to drive the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and ensure that the data sources of the enterprise systems inform and support the strategic direction and intent of the churchwide organization.
People delivering and supporting technology solutions in a secure, friendly, consistent, and cost-effective manner to assist people in accomplishing the shared purpose and vision for the ELCA.
The Operations Technician will be responsible for ensuring that the technical systems within the organization are functional and efficient. This team will be responsible for the health, performance, monitoring and maintenance of all defined IT operations activities.
This position is responsible for daily/periodic operational tasks, user-level security and device administration. This role serves the organization by performing daily IT operations to support the organizational units, as well as directly supporting the ability of end users to access IT services to perform their job functions.
1. Monitor and alert on the health, performance, and maintenance of the defined systems list.
2. Manage and monitor user devices to ensure a secure and satisfactory experience.
3. Moves/Adds/Changes. This includes, but is not limited to Active directory, Service Operations and Intranet.
4. Documentation of relevant systems, services, processes and procedures.
5. Identify and report gaps or inefficiencies in current procedures and service offerings, suggest remedies to IT management team.
6. Other duties as required
Infrequent air or automobile travel may be required to either support a remote site or attend training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.