Objective: We are looking for an experienced leader to oversee the ongoing operations, functions and activities of Lutheran Men in Mission. The Executive Director will be the face of our ministry, direct the implementation LMM’s vision and mission, and be responsible to ensure LMM’s strategic plan is carried out.
The Executive Director will possess the proven ability to lead and motivate others and staff. He will have excellent communication skills and demonstrate a holistic approach to managing LMM’s operations.
The goal for our Executive Director will be to manage and lead LMM towards the realization of its vision that all men become bold, daring followers of Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities: The following are the primary responsibilities of the Executive Director.
. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of LMM in a virtual work place environment
* Builds and directs an effective team of subordinate and contract employees to ensure the vision and mission of LMM are accomplished
* Ensures that the decisions of the LMM Board are implemented
* Acts as the public face of the ministry and be the ministry’s primary public speaker in meetings, events, conferences, and gatherings throughout the US
* Provides regular and ongoing reports of the activities of LMM to the Executive Committee and the LMM Board
* Oversees, forges relationships of trust and fosters personal relationships with LMM’s major supporters and donors
* Reviews reports and holds LMM employees and contractors accountable for all of LMM’s operations
* Provides staff input and implements the LMM Strategic Plan with the full consent of the LMM Board
* Prepares and completes a written article from the Executive Director for publication in each issue of the LMM Foundations newsletter
* Devises remedial actions for any identified issues and conducts crisis management when necessary
* Maintains an effective and productive relationship with the ELCA
* Maintains and enhances existing relationships with other Christian men’s ministry groups with the goal of providing effective ministry for all men
Reporting Relationship: The Executive Director will be fully accountable to and report directly to the Executive Committee of the LMM Board. This includes the following relationships:
- Foster and maintain a weekly video conference with the President of the LMM
- Meet with and prepare a report of his activities for all meetings of the Executive Committee and the LMM Board
- Prepare and deliver a written report on all LMM’s ministries to the board at each in-person LMM Board meeting
- Prepare and deliver a report on his activities to all LMM stakeholders at the LMM Annual Meeting
- Maintain and enhance the ongoing relationship with the Domestic Mission Unit of the Office of the Bishop of the ELCA that will encompass, but not be limited to, the Service Level Agreement, the Separately Incorporated Ministries Leaders Team (Administrative Team) and the Justice for Women Consulting (Advisory) Committee
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. This position further requires the employee to lift and move event resources and other materials, up to approximately 30 pounds at a time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.