Experience and Skills:
- Master's Degree Required, PhD preferred
- Must have some knowledge of Spanish
Terms and Conditions
This is a self-funded volunteer position. The Global Mission Volunteers of the ELCA (GMV) program is a ministry that encourages self-funded volunteer service outside the United States. The program manages the matching of short-term, skilled, self-supported volunteers with opportunities to provide extra assistance to mission and ministry programs operated by companion churches and agencies. While not employees, Global Mission Volunteers of the ELCA are understood to be global personnel of the ELCA.
- Minimum 3 month commitment. Housing is provided by the host organization free of charge to volunteers.
General Qualifications for ELCA Global Personnel
- Christian faith and a commitment to the mission of the church
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values and customs of church and culture where assigned
- Well-developed inter-personal skills demonstrating understanding and compassion
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities and the ability to adapt to different standards and practices
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Adaptable and flexible - sense of humor - good physical and emotional health
- Live and serve in a way which reflects the vision and expectations of the ELCA