Job Context Information
The Office of the Presiding Bishop Research and Evaluation helps to bring insight, facts and understanding to the churchwide organization, congregations, synods, members and partner organizations throughout the Lutheran community.
“This is a three year contract with potential for
The GrantMaker Administrator is the expert and responsible for ensuring that the ELCA grant process is operational, and the GrantMaker application and database is properly functioning and maintained. This position works to guarantee the accuracy and utility of this ELCA mission-critical data. This position manages all the moving parts associated with the units that utilize the system and effectively communicate with all staff members, considering the vision of the organization when making implementations and updates. The incumbent will update necessary parties on a regular and timely basis and will work closely with the Executive for Administration, Information Technology, the Office of the Treasurer, and Constituent Care. This position serves as the coordinator of the ELCA Grantmaker Operations Committee and User Community and liaison to the unit executives.
This role resides in the Research and Evaluation section of the Office of the Bishop for the purpose of having a centralized position to coordinate this critical work across units and drive toward commonly identified goals in the GrantMaker system. This position ensures a collaborative, cross-unit approach be achieved, and the new grants system provides the anticipated and necessary (in light of the CWO Operational Plan) value to the organization.
1. Implement the vision, strategy and communication for the ongoing organizational success of the ELCA grants program. Identify and establish trends and standards for unified outputs and analysis. Report gaps and inefficiencies in current procedures and propose remedies. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require updates, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future expansion.
2. Serves as liaison between unit staff and offices regarding grant onboarding, payments, roles and responsibilities. Lead the Grantmaker Operations Committee and User Community meetings on a frequent basis. May be required to report to unit executives for grant metrics, data issue resolution and other governance responsibilities.
3. Function as hands-on GrantMaker system administrator and specialist by answering questions, solving problems, ensuring staff are trained and cross-trained on the business process to provide quality results and system integrity applying ELCA policies and procedures. Hands-on GrantMaker system tasks including but not limited to producing data management and integrity, exports, queries and reports.
4. Work with IT management to develop consistent, repeatable systems management processes, including system administration, analysis, upgrades, performance, training, and metrics.
5. Responsible for audit of security awareness.
6. Perform other duties as necessary.
This position may require light, infrequent travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.