This position is responsible for assisting the Budget and Accounting Team in the Office of the Treasurer with daily accounting, compliance monitoring, and administrative support.
1. Coordinate and complete the collection, review and electronic filing of organizational contracts and leases consistent with ELCA policies and procedures. Review files to ensure proper documentation, completeness, and compliance with organizational policy and work with other staff to correct issues. Through active engagement with organizational stakeholders, create, document and evaluate contract and lease procedures
2. Work with relevant staff across multiple business units to monitor, collect information, and report (internal, external and governance meetings) on synod revenue (i.e., Mission Support). This includes regular communication with external constituents.
3. Prepare assigned ongoing Journal Entries, reconciliations, and weekly process Accounts Receivable invoicing.
4. Process organizational financial requests (invoices, expense reports, etc.) to ensure proper documentation, completeness, and compliance with organizational policy and as requested, produce financial reports for meetings and projects.
5. Manage process for updating organizational financial forms and unit authorized signature lists.
6. Administrative support for the Budget and Accounting Team and other duties as assigned
7. Assist with financial services for large churchwide events, including the ELCA Youth Gathering, including but not limited to planning, reconciliations, documenting and updating procedures and resolving problems. (NOTE - could be additional allocated time depending on event cycle)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to talk and hear, stretch and reach, use the hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, keyboard, calculator, fax and copying machines. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Employee will occasionally expect to lift boxes of approximately 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.