Experience and Skills:
- B.A. (in English, Religion or Education preferred).
- ESL/TESL/TEFL certification is a plus.
- Master's degree in English, education, and/or ESL/TESL/TEFL helpful
- Classroom teaching experience desired.
Terms and Conditions
- This position is supported under the GM2 Terms and Conditions and is for a two-year term. Basic provisions include: international transportation, transportation related to work assignment, pensions and medical coverage, housing, education loan assistance and a cash salary which is adjusted according to the goods and services differential for Hong Kong SAR. There is no provision for a dependent spouse or children.
General Qualifications for ELCA Global Personnel
- Christian faith and a commitment to the mission of the church
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values and customs of church and culture where assigned
- Well-developed inter-personal skills demonstrating understanding and compassion
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities and the ability to adapt to different standards and practices
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Adaptable and flexible - sense of humor - good physical and emotional health
- Live and serve in a way which reflects the vision and expectations of the ELCA