Job Context Information
About Fund for Leaders: The ELCA Fund for Leaders scholarship program supports students of tremendous promise attending ELCA seminaries. By making seminary more affordable, the ELCA Fund for Leaders enables more future ministers to go to seminary and helps them graduate with less debt, empowering those whom God calls into ministry to go and serve as the church needs and as the Holy Spirit leads.
Mission Statement: The ELCA Fund for Leaders invests in leaders for Christ’s Church in the world by engaging a broad network of supporters in order to:
*eliminate obstacles and provide opportunities for people to go to seminary
*reduce student debt
*eventually fully fund all rostered leader seminary education
This is a 15-18 hour per week temporary position. The Program Assistant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the ELCA Fund for Leaders scholarship program, with focus on the following areas: ELCA GrantMaker, Donor stewardship; utilizing alumni database to contact former scholarship recipients and update records; maintaining current student and endowment fund records; and preparing for the annual Fund for Leaders award banquet.
1. Assist in planning activities and programs for FFL leaders and guests at churchwide office; develop and assemble content for FFL activities in partnership with Communications team members and manage communication (RSVPs, travel, etc.) with attendees.
2. Maintain student and donor records in the ELCA’s constituent database.
3. Make contact with the approximately 400 former Fund for Leaders scholarship recipients to share greetings from Fund for Leaders and learn more about recipients’ current and ongoing ministries.
4. Assist operations manager in addressing constituent and student requests.
5. Generate FFL donor correspondence when appropriate.
6. Perform other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.