Job Context Information
The Strategic Communications team within the Mission Advancement unit is responsible for planning and implementing effective and integrated communications, publications, public relations, marketing and digital media strategies for the ELCA.
This is a unique opportunity for a mission-focused individual who is enthusiastic about multi-channel marketing, with a key interest in the digital space. The right candidate will be technical and creative, and have a strong understanding of UX design across web and email. There is a good amount of human interaction, so being a people person is a plus.
We are looking for a someone who likes to try new things, express new ideas and isn’t afraid to fail every once in a while. We are an innovative team whose work supports the entire church of nearly 4 million members.
1. Oversee the execution of email development, including working with internal stakeholders and managing quality assurance from build to send.
2. Provide web production services working in conjunction with the web developer.
3. Recommend web and e-mail processes, including creating templates, to increase quality and efficiencies.
4. Enhance our corporate identity and branding by ensuring consistency across all communications.
5. Work with the marketing team manage QA steps for accuracy and quality.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Less than 5% for events, meetings and continued education/conferences
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.