Job Context Information
Information Technology (IT) provides technology services, support and solutions to drive the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and ensure that the data sources of the enterprise systems inform and support the strategic direction and intent of the churchwide organization.
Information Technology strives to achieve its commitment to service; People delivering and supporting technology solutions and products in a secure, friendly, consistent, and cost-effective manner to assist people in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the ELCA, related ministries and organizations.
This entry level position is responsible for working with a team to assist in the design, building and testing of front end sites, pages, applications, elements and layout.Working from a requirements document, this individual will help develop project time estimates and address technical details for requirements documentation. Based on these specifications, build, configure and test, revise existing programs and perform level 3 support for these sites, pages, applications, elements and layouts. Individual will also document code, configuration files, data, and turn over documentation.
This development and maintenance will be in support of ELCA’s presence on the Internet, multi-media channels, social media, internal communication and collaboration, including the ELCA Intranet.
Develop applications and interactive features to most effectively engage the site visitor and provide information and provide solutions for ministry needs. Research and implement the latest and most effective emerging internet technology to ELCA ministry efforts so that ELCA members, leaders and the public at large connect easily and effectively with the churchwide expression and with each other.Develop and deploy ELCA data-driven web applications in coordination with application developers. Coordinate content and design efforts with Mission Advancement to evaluate the effectiveness of ELCA web resources.
1. Provide front end web development services, web services, interactive sites, applications and pages that have high impact and are easy to maintain; and work within the consistency standards and collaboratively with Digital Media Manager within Mission Advancement for ELCA Web page design and message.
2. Web site and application support.Troubleshooting and debugging applications and sites as necessary.Development and implementation of site and application technical maintenance plans
3. Based on knowledge of unit goals, operational plan, staff capacity and audiences; recommend technologies for effective use of the Web, along with specific Web applications that support the ELCA mission, vision and messaging. Foster inter-unit work on Web sites and applications. Provide leadership in new and emerging internet technology for the ELCA in all its expressions and consultation to ELCA staff on crafting effective content for the Web.Provide expertise in technology innovation by researching and evaluating current trends through continuing education and implementation.
4. Configure and support web analytics tools.Provide site recommendations to management based on analytics.Distribute web analytics to management on a regular basis.
5. Provide advice and support to synods and congregations in their use of web technologies.
6. Other duties as required
Periodic air travel, approximately 3 to 6 times per year, includes visits to remote sites for maintenance and support, attendance at CWA and possibly other ELCA events, and training or conference attendance.Automobile travel is likely to be more frequent, potentially 12 or more times per year, to attend functions such as training or management seminars hosted by local vendors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions