Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. With over $715 million in assets, MIF fulfills its purpose by providing loans, income-producing investment opportunities and consultative services.
1. Organizational Development and Planning - Design a comprehensive organizational development strategy to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Champion an organizational culture that lives out MIF’s stated values: integrity, prudent management of resources, transparency and accountability, diversity and inclusion, and excellence.
Serve as liaison to Human Resources, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and coordination of organizational development activities.
2. Professional Development - In consultation with MIF’s leadership team, develop a standardized training protocol. Propose, supervise and deliver training and development activities (utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate) to strengthen employee competencies as required for enterprise-wide, team-focused and individual-specific success. Coordinate MIF’s continuing education and tuition reimbursement program.
Provide consultation for and coordination of MIF’s recruiting efforts. Facilitate a robust orientation and development program for staff in various transitions, including: a) new to MIF, b) new role, and c) increased level of management responsibility. Provide consultation and support for systematized onboarding and off boarding functions.
Assist supervisors and managers regarding organizational development methods and tools (including the provision of expert facilitation and coaching).
3. Performance Management & Succession Planning - Position performance management efforts (including definition of desired individual and group performance, goal setting, performance assessment, recognition, intervention and documentation) to align with organizational goals.
In consultation with senior leadership, facilitate a succession planning and organizational talent management program that seeks to attract, retain, develop, leverage and promote ready candidates.
4. Assessment & Continuous Improvement - Advise executive leadership regarding ongoing workforce planning. Assess business needs, challenges and opportunities to anticipate staffing needs and practices.
Assist MIF in employing change management strategies that maximize employee adoption and usage while minimizing resistance to strategic organizational initiatives.
Lead employee engagement initiatives, including periodic staff surveys.
On an ongoing basis, critically evaluate and report on the performance and value of MIF’s organizational development efforts using an evidence-based approach.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Able to travel by plane and car as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.