Closing date: open until filled
Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. This is accomplished by providing loans, income producing investment opportunities and consultative services via the various products offered by the Mission Investment Fund
The primary responsibility of this position is to identify and pursue loan and investment opportunities with ELCA synods, congregations and ELCA-related ministries. Through onsite visits with synod and congregational leaders in western states, the regional managers build awareness of the Mission Investment Fund, identify needs and offer appropriate MIF products and services. The position is also responsible for identifying sales of other MIF services and referring those opportunities to the appropriate area of expertise.
1. Utilize a consultative, proactive approach in building relationships with and selling MIF services and products to congregations, synods and ELCA-related ministries. Assess the needs and goals of ministries and offer products and services that will help them achieve their goals.
2. Establish a regular calling program, consistent with established annual calling goals, to meet with leaders of congregations, synods and ELCA-related ministries within a specified geographic area of responsibility.
3. Qualify and prioritize calling efforts to maximize the potential for new business opportunities.
4. Cross-sell MIF products and services (capital campaign, building consultant services, etc.) when opportunities are identified, and provide those leads to the appropriate MIF personnel for follow-up.
5. Respond in a timely manner to all new business referrals from internal and external sources.
6. Create effective presentations designed to educate pastoral and lay leaders on MIF products and services and encourage their participation in MIF.
7. Be knowledgeable in all aspects of MIF loan and investment products and services.
8. Use CRM tools to record details of contacts with prospects and current customers, and identify trends and potential areas for account development.
9. Recognize and communicate to the appropriate MIF department the details of product and service issues experienced by customers.
10. Maintain all necessary licenses and /or certifications necessary to be in compliance with state and federal requirements.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Able to travel by plane and car as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.