Closing date: 12/20/2017
Job Context Information
The Mission Advancement unit is responsible for communicating with constituents and donors, handling marketing and public relations, and directing our current, deferred and major fund appeals in order to most effectively communicate around a clear identity and mission, while also motivating donors to respond with financial gifts.The work of the Mission Funding team includes: ELCA World Hunger and Disaster Appeals; ELCA World Hunger; ELCA Disaster Response; ELCA Malaria Campaign; Fund for Leaders; Global Mission Support and Mission Support.
ELCA World Hunger exists as a networked movement of the whole church. This employee serves as a key support and collaborator for ELCA World Hunger engagement activities, including events, communication, network cultivation and planning. In collaboration with director, manager and team, this person supports the ELCA World Hunger network and engagement activities for transformative action toward a just world where all are fed.
Specifically, this position supports event and training logistics, communication (i.e., social media, webinar and newsletter) and related tools (i.e., database and peer-to-peer giving) in collaboration with the manager.
1. Assist in execution and project management for network-building team events and trainings (i.e., ELCA World Hunger Leadership Gathering, ELCA Youth Gathering engagement, etc.) and other network events, including planning and preparation, onsite leadership and post-event follow-up engagement and constituent data updates.
2. In collaboration with director, manager and team, support and maintain engagement of established synod hunger teams/ synod hunger leaders network and related resources, including network communication support, social media content and fundraising stewardship support for synod teams, congregations and network individuals.
3. Enter, maintain and assist in reporting on constituent database information for networking-building.
4. Represent ELCA World Hunger in various forums to build momentum around with the root causes of hunger and more meaningful engagement with ELCA World Hunger.
5. Perform other duties as required.
Travel.Nature, means and frequency of travel required to perform this job.
20% travel.Some travel by plane, car, train and other forms of transportation required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.