Closing date: Until filled
Job Context Information
The Mission Advancement unit is responsible for communicating with constituents and donors, handling marketing and public relations and directing fund appeals in order to most effectively communicate around a clear identity and churchwide mission while also motivating donors to respond with financial gifts. The ELCA Foundation, an integral part of the Mission Advancement unit, is responsible for major gifts and deferred giving programs for individual donors and pooled investment opportunities for ELCA related ministries.
The Director of Gift Administration oversees donor services and planned gift and endowment administration and directs daily operations required to process, receipt and acknowledge donations coming through the Foundation. This position will report to the Director of the ELCA Foundation and work closely with the president and churchwide staff, regional gift planners and outside counsel.Job Purpose:
1. Oversee all aspects of gift administration and manage the day to day activities of the donor services team to ensure appropriate acceptance and completion of current and deferred gifts. Interface with the Office of the Treasurer, the Chief Financial Officer and the Donor Services team, to ensure timely processing and posting of gifts, regular distributions to donors and final disbursements to beneficiaries.
2. Assist the president with preparation and oversight for board and committee meetings of the Endowment Fund Board of Trustees including drafting agendas and action items, coordinating development and receipt of reports, and ensuring e governance requirements are met and all communication is timely.
3. Work with donors, partners and beneficiaries as needed to help with charitable gift annuities, trusts, endowments and other gifts to be administered by the ELCA Foundation.
4. Convene and moderate the Special Gifts Committee and ensure appropriate process for decision-making around gift acceptance.
5. Assist the Director of the ELCA Foundation in setting the strategic direction of the donor services program and supporting relationships with synods and partnerships.
6. Maintain an on-going proficiency in tax and legal matters as they pertain to planned giving. Work with outside counsel to draft gift agreements and internal counsel and compliance to ensure adherence to state regulations
7. Other duties as assigned
Travel. Travel up to 20%.
Briefly describe the physical effort required to perform this job. For example, normal office activities with long periods of sitting and some light lifting; or, warehouse environment with long periods of standing with moderate to heavy lifting; or usually normal office environment with periodic need to stand for long periods, handle materials, and perform light to moderate lifting.