Experience and Skills:
- Master of Divinity is required.
- Qualification in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) is preferred.
- Ability to develop methodologies to monitor and evaluate the viability of local and regional church engagements.
- Teaching, management, ability to work in a team, able to work with respect and sensitivity in diverse cross-cultural settings both rural and urban.
- Experience working with churches and church related programs and projects.
- Skills to provide leadership, project and financial management trainings.
Terms and Conditions
This position is supported under the terms of ELCA Global Mission Expectations and Support for Long Term Global Personnel. Those provisions include: international transportation, transportation related to work assignment, pensions and major medical coverage, assistance with schooling for children through high school, housing and cash salary which is adjusted according to the goods and services differential for Zambia.
If Candidate is Married
Both must complete an application for this position, even if the spouse will not be fulfilling a specific role in the ministry. In the context of global mission service, a spouse is seen as a representative of the ELCA and of the receiving church regardless of their actual role. It is important for the ELCA that both members of a couple understand the role of missionary and are comfortable with that reality. In addition, an accompanying spouse receives an appointment to service by the ELCA and the support package for mission personnel includes compensation for an accompanying spouse.
General Qualifications for ELCA Global Personnel
- Christian faith and a commitment to the mission of the church
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values and customs of church and culture where assigned
- Well-developed inter-personal skills demonstrating understanding and compassion
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities and the ability to adapt to different standards and practices
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Adaptable and flexible - sense of humor - good physical and emotional health
- Live and serve in a way which reflects the vision and expectations of the ELCA