Job Context Information
The Mission Investment Fund’s primary purpose is to support the establishment and growth of ELCA congregations, synods, and affiliated ministries. This is accomplished by providing loans, income producing investment opportunities and consultative services via the various products offered by the Mission Investment Fund
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Vice President of Deposit Operations is responsible for building and executing the strategy and business plan for customer care and satisfaction, as well as the operations of a banking/credit union environment. This includes overseeing the investment opportunities offered by MIF to deliver effective products to its customers, as well as overseeing the processing of financial activities to ensure due process, accountability, compliance and banking regulations are followed. The Vice President of Deposit Operations works cross-functionally within the organization; in addition, cultivates, maintains, and increases strategic relationships with other divisions of the ELCA and with external partners in order to foster organizational growth.
- Sets and achieves Customer Relations department goals and results by using ‘best practice’ leadership and management principles and ensuring adherence to organizational procedures, policies, and systems, as well as regulatory compliance
- Develops the job performance standards and goals for all Customer Relations staff to achieve the organization’s customer satisfaction and retention goals
- Develops and implements strategies for up-selling, cross-selling and outbound campaigns of MIF products as appropriate, with an emphasis on products that increase cored deposits
- Assists in the development and implementation of ‘best practices’ processes across the organization to ensure tremendous efficiency resulting in high quality customer service
- Oversees the investment opportunities offered by MIF to deliver effective products to its customers, as well as oversee the processing of financial activities to ensure due process, accountability, compliance and banking regulations are followed
- Manages workflow of the department to ensure excellent service is delivered through appropriate staff planning and scheduling to meet/exceed all of the department’s goals
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Organizational Development to develop a training curriculum and personal development plan for all operations staff. Conducts training as required to achieve goals and service standards.
- Establishes and maintains quantity and quality standards by developing and ensuring compliance with all customer relations and process standards through reviews, technical and call observation audits, reports and practices
- Evaluates IT and banking systems software used to support operations, and makes recommendations for changes when needed.
- Identifies opportunities for other MIF products/services.
- Other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.